HSRC Pool Rules
- HSRC does not assume any responsibility for the loss or damage to any personal property. Do not bring valuables to the pool. Unclaimed towels and articles of clothing will be periodically disposed of or donated.
- No glass beverage or food containers are allowed in the pool area. All person(s) assume their own risk and take full responsibility for their actions while on HSRC property.
- Each Member is responsible for cleaning up after themselves and their guests. All trash must be placed in the trash cans.
- Members will be responsible to the club for any debts, damages or breakage caused by misuse by them or their guests.
- Spitting or blowing one’s nose in the pool is strictly forbidden.
- No hairpins or metal objects are allowed in the pool.
- No dogs or other animals will be permitted in the pool area.
- No offensive or abusive language will be tolerated.
- Members shall comply to lifeguard requests including: pool closures, dismissal from pool deck and premises if deemed necessary.
- Any behavior construed to be disrespectful or improper conduct towards the Guards or any other Member shall not be tolerated and will be considered a violation of pool rules. Member or guest violating rules may be asked to exit pool gates.
Daily Operation Rules
- Adult Swim: 15 minutes before each hour (only adults 18 and older will be allowed in the pool during Adult Swim).
- Pool Hours (applicable during pool season): Monday – Saturday 11:00 A.M. – 9:00 P.M. Sunday 12:00 noon – 9:00 P.M.
- Only immediate safety concerns shall be directed to lifeguard on duty or during Adult Swim.
- Adults swimming at own risk outside of pool hours shall sign Swim At Own Risk waiver and agree to lock all club house doors while swimming and upon departure.
- Babes in Arms Rule (July 2019) – During lifeguard safety breaks a privilege is granted to parents and grandparents to have their child or grandchild under two years of age in the pool with them as long as one-on-one hands-on care is being given. It is expected that their other children are being properly supervised during this time.
- Swim Lessons Rule (July 2019) – During lifeguard safety breaks members receiving swim lessons from a coach (not a parent) are allowed to continue the lesson through the break.
- Diving is allowed in deep-end only unless supervised by swim team personnel. No pushing or throwing anyone into the pool. No running or horseplay allowed in the pool area.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the pool fence area or the clubhouse. Smokers are responsible for cleaning up after themselves in designated outside areas.
- A first aid kit is available at all times in the concession stand or community room.
- Do not pull, lay or hang on to lane lines and deep end rope.
- No child may be left unattended in the wading pool area; this area is for children 6 and under only.
- The wading/kiddie pool may not be used during swim team practice. Only swim team members may be in the water during their age appropriate swim time.
- Non potty-trained children must wear swim diapers covered by waterproof rubber pants with snug fitting elastic legs and waist when using either the main or wading pool. A fee of $25 will be collected from the offending party for any contamination resulting in pool closure or haz-mat kit usage.
- For anyone 12 and over who has passed the swim test, they can be at the pool without their parent or guardian. For those families with children 15 and older, they can be responsible for younger siblings who have passed the following Lifeguard Swim Test.
Lifeguard Swim Test
Children 6 years through 12 years may enter the pool accompanied by an adult or guardian if they can complete the following all in one session:
- Swim two lengths of the pool without hanging onto the lane rope, wall, or touching the bottom.
- Tread water for one and a half minutes in the deep end without touching the wall or another swimmer.
- Jump off the diving board and swim to ladder, using ladder to exit the pool.
- Guest fee is $2 per guest per visit (3 visits per month maximum). Out of town guests and caretakers are exempt from guest fees.
- Guests must sign-in upon entering pool gate.
Hanarry Estates Swim & Racquet Club (“HSRC”)
Swim At Own Risk (“SAOR”) Waiver, 2022
The HSRC Board of Directors and Committee Chairpersons offer two types of SAOR programs for the HSRC membership households and are outlined in this waiver and herein referred to as “all HSRC SAOR programs”:
Adult SAOR & Family SAOR
The HSRC Board takes the responsibility for these programs very seriously and reserves the right to cancel any or all of them at any time and for any reason. This waiver is extensive by design and is required to protect HSRC in the event of an accident happening during an HSRC SAOR program. A signature is required by all adult participants to ensure that members and recognize the seriousness of participating in SAOR privileges.
Participants’ HSRC membership must be in good financial standing to participate. The accounting records will be reviewed before the gate key-card access hours are changed to reflect SAOR participation.
Violation(s) of the published SAOR rules may result in loss of participation in the program for the current swim season or disciplinary action for the HSRC member, which could lead to the household-membership being warned, suspended, or terminated.
May 1st to September 30th, everyday, when lifeguards are not on duty
6:30 am – 10:00 pm: Adult SAOR
8:00 am – 8:00 pm: Family SAOR
All SAOR is prohibited during swim team practice hours and home swim meets (see hanarry.org/swim-team for swim team schedule)
SPECIFICS FOR EACH PROGRAM
(must also abide by general SAOR rules stated on pg. 2)
- Adult SAOR
HSRC members 21 years or older may swim at their own risk during unguarded hours
- Hours: 6:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Guest Rule: HSRC member heads-of-household (21 years or older) (max. 2 per membership) may each accompany ONE (1) adult non-member guest or caretaker (21 years or older).
- Member AND guest must sign the SAME waiver.
- $2 guest fee must be remitted to lock-box (if available) or may be reimbursed by member at a later time.
- Member will be responsible for the behavior of their guest.
- Guest must be present with their HSRC host at all times and must leave when their host leaves.
- Guest is not allowed to visit the pool more than three (3) times a month regardless of guarded or non-guarded hours, unless operating as an adult caregiver to member.
- Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis for 18-20 year olds for Adult SAOR. See “18-20 year old Adult SAOR Exception Waiver” found on hannary.org. Max. 2 heads-of-household per membership may be extended to additional heads-of-household living in the same home. See “Additional Head-of-Household Waiver” on hannary.org.
- Family SAOR
HSRC member heads-of-household (21 years or older) (max. 2 per membership) may each accompany their own children or their own grandchildren 20 years and younger. A ratio of 1:2 adults to children is preferred.
- Hours: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Grandparents must have a “Grandparent/Parent Permission Waiver” signed if bringing grandchildren – available on hanarry.org website
- Parent or Grandparent MUST always be present with their child(ren) or grandchildren during Family SAOR. No child shall be left unattended.
- Use of diving board and deep-end is prohibited during Family SAOR.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by anyone attending Family SAOR.
- Positively Pools, 770-972-3111 and HSRC Pool Chair David Morse, 404-625-0963 MUST be called if a fecal “accident” occurs.
- Max. 2 heads-of-household per membership may be extended to additional heads-of-household living in the same home. See “Additional Head-of-Household Waiver” on hannary.org.
GENERAL SAOR RULES
- Members will adhere to the SAOR rules and times below as well as all regular HSRC pool rules which can be found on hanarry.org.
- Members agree to use gate key-card or gate code for their own personal use and shall not share it with other members, non-members, or guests; this includes not opening gate for other SAOR attendees.
- Gate must be kept closed at all times after entering and upon leaving pool area.
- Unattended solo swimming is not recommended. There should be at least one other person in the fenced pool area capable of summoning help if needed.
- Members will clean up all trash and leave the bathroom and pool area in order before exiting the fenced pool area.
- Parties are not to be held at the pool during any SAOR hours.
- Use of diving board is prohibited during any SAOR program.
- Members will make sure all pool gates and clubhouse doors close behind them at all times.
Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreement
Under the terms of this agreement, in exchange for the opportunity and privilege to participate in all HSRC SAOR programs and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the signer does hereby release, hold harmless and forever discharge Hanarry Estates Swim and Racquet Club, including their board of directors, committee chairpersons/members, club members, and insurance companies from any and all claims, demands, damages, and causes in action arising out of and relating to any and all injuries and damages of any and all kind, to both person and property, and also any and all injuries and damages that may result in the future as a result of or in any way relating to my/our use of the pool, pool deck, or clubhouse while participating in all HSRC SAOR programs and being inside the pool fencing during times when a lifeguard or lifeguards are not present. It is fully understood and agreed that this agreement is made and received in full settlement and satisfaction of any and all past, current, and future causes of actions, claims, and demands mentioned herein: that this Release contains the entire Agreement between the parties; and that the terms of this Agreement is contractual and not merely recital. Furthermore, this Release shall be binding upon the undersigned and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors, and assigns. This Release has been read and fully understood by the undersigned. The participant has been advised, and given adequate opportunity, to consult with their own legal counsel regarding this agreement prior to signing.
Participant (HSRC Member) will hold harmless and indemnify HSRC against any and all claims and actions arising out of the participation of the Participant in all HSRC SAOR programs including, without limitation, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements and other amounts actually and reasonably incurred in connection with any liability, suit, action, loss, or damage arising or resulting from the Participant’s participation in all HSRC SAOR programs. Where prohibited by law, the above indemnification does not include indemnification of HSRC against a claim caused by the negligence or fault of HSRC, its agent or employee, or any third party under the control or supervision of HSRC, other than the Participant or its agent, employee or subcontractors. In the case of a criminal proceeding, Participant will indemnify HSRC against all amounts including, without limitation, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements, and other amounts actually and reasonably incurred by HSRC.
In consideration of my participation, I certify that I am in good health and have no physical or other impediment(s) which would endanger me while participating in these activities and that I have been released and authorized by my doctor to participate in the activities of swimming at my own risk. I acknowledge and agree that these activities (being inside the pool gates without a lifeguard present) have inherent risks. I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of all the risks associated with these activities that can include serious injury, head injuries, paralysis and/or death: swimming can result in serious injury and death from diving incidents, diving off of a diving board, drowning, incidents with other swimmers, and falls on deck, etc. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks.
In consideration of my participation in these activities, I hereby (on behalf of myself, my legal representatives, parents, heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns) release and forever discharge the Hanarry Swim and Racquet Club, including its officers, directors, volunteers, employees, members, agents, etc. from and relinquish and forever waive any and all claims and causes of action arising out of my participation in swimming at my own risk for negligence, gross negligence, and such other actionable conduct resulting in personal or bodily injury, property damage, or death.
Rules Updated 7/22/2019
Edited for clarity 4/25/2021
Are you a local business or realtor looking to advertise to our community?
Yearly sponsorships are available – Appear on our site and app!